Version 1.2 (2014-10-15)¶
- filter_traces() now raises a TypeError if filters is not an iterable
- Update Python 2.7 patch to try to keep the ABI unchanged, especially for
Python compiled in debug mode (
- Support Python 2.6
- Enhance the documentation (website)
Version 1.0 (2014-03-05)¶
- Python issue #20616: Add a format() method to tracemalloc.Traceback.
- Python issue #20354: Fix alignment issue in the tracemalloc module on 64-bit platforms. Bug seen on 64-bit Linux when using “make profile-opt”.
- Fix slicing traces and fix slicing a traceback.
Version 1.0beta1 (2013-12-14)¶
- A trace of a memory block can now contain more than 1 frame, a whole traceback instead of just the most recent frame
- The malloc hook API has been proposed as the PEP 445. The PEP has been accepted and implemented in Python 3.4.
- The tracemalloc module has been proposed as the PEP 454. After many reviews, the PEP has been accepted and the code has been merged into Python 3.4.
- The code has been almost fully rewritten from scratch between the version
0.9.1 and 1.0. The tracemalloc has now a completly different API:
- DisplayTop, TakeSnapshot and DisplayGarbage classes have been removed
- Rename enable/disable to start/stop
- start() now takes an optional nframe parameter which is the maximum number of frames stored in a trace of a memory block
- Raw traces are accesible in Snapshot.traces
- The get_process_memory() has been removed, but new functions are added like get_traced_memory()
- The glib hashtable has been replaced by a builtin hashtable based on the libcfu library. The glib dependency has been removed so it should be easier to install the module (ex: on Windows).
Version 0.9.1 (2013-06-01)¶
PYTRACEMALLOCenvironment variable to trace memory allocation as early as possible at Python startup
- Disable the timer while calling its callback to not call the callback while it is running
- Fix pythonXXX_track_free_list.patch patches for zombie frames
- Use also MiB, GiB and TiB units to format a size, not only B and KiB
Version 0.9 (2013-05-31)¶
- Tracking free lists is now the recommended method to patch Python
- Fix code tracking Python free lists and python2.7_track_free_list.patch
- Add patches tracking free lists for Python 2.5.2 and 3.4.
Version 0.8.1 (2013-03-23)¶
- Fix python2.7.patch and python3.4.patch when Python is not compiled in debug mode (without –with-pydebug)
DisplayTop: display “0 B” instead of an empty string if the size is zero (ex: trace in user data)
- setup.py automatically detects which patch was applied on Python
Version 0.8 (2013-03-19)¶
- The top uses colors and displays also the memory usage of the process
- Support collecting arbitrary user data using a callback:
TakeSnapshothave has an optional user_data_callback parameter/attribute
- Display the name of the previous snapshot when comparing two snapshots
- Command line (
--excludecommand line options can now be specified multiple times
- Automatically disable tracemalloc at exit
get_stats()functions: they are now private
Version 0.7 (2013-03-04)¶
- First public version